Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2013

We've Arrived

My family and I have arrived here in Bristol. My Mum, sister and I got here early yesterday morning and my Dad arrived that night. My Dad travelled by ferry as we need the car to run back and forth from the hospital and CLIC Sargent house, this is where we will be staying while we're over here. It was also a beautiful opportunity for my sister and I to bring all our make-up and clothes, as I say, ''It's always good to be prepared!''

Our flight was very smooth, although I had bad, what felt like high and low pressure in my head, which really unpleasant; luckily it calmed down once we landed safely. We have settled into the CLIC Sargent house. It is a lovely big old house with lots of space, I think it was built around the Victorian times. Rebecca said that she feels like she's on the set of Eastenders, as there is a square at the front of the house (back home we live in the middle of a field surrounded by cows). Yesterday my Mum, sister and I had a walk around the area where we're staying, we got some food to eat and went out for some lunch. Although, when we came back to the CLIC Sargent house, I was in extreme pain, my head was extremely painful and it felt like I had pressure again, my eyes were also in pain and I couldn't see properly. When I say I couldn't see properly, it's not like I can't see anything or everything is blurry, it feels like my eyes are moving but they can't keep up with what they are seeing which makes me feel disorientated, so it was an early night for me last night for some much needed rest. I'm feeling much better today.

I go into Frenchay Hospital today (12th June 2013), I've to be there by 12pm. In a way I'm looking forward to going in, as I've never been on a children's ward before, so I'm curious to find out what it's like. In N. Ireland I've always been on an adults ward as you are classed as an adult when you're 14+ years old. With being on an adults neurosurgery ward, it can be very scary and frightening at times, not only because of the noises but the fact it's a different environment. Some of the adults who come in may have brain injury, therefore they maybe confused and scared themselves. My room on the ward was usually beside the mens toilets, this meant that I sometimes had unexpected visitors looking for the the loo. For Bristol I've bought lots of lovely new PJ's, spotty ones, stripy ones, Disney ones... as well as slippers with cute butterflies on them and buttons. I've also bought with me all my LUSH products which I couldn't live without. They all smell so sweet and fresh, I find that when I'm in hospital my skin can get a bit dry, so I made sure that the LUSH products I bought moisturise your skin, and also smell good.

If you haven't already, please watch my introduction video that I made myself, with the help of my Mum. It's the post before this one. Also, if you haven't signed up to my blog, please do so that you know when I post a new blog and you can keep up to date with my journey while I'm here in Bristol. To do this, scroll to the very bottom of this web page, on the bottom left, there should be a bar/tab where you can enter your email address, do this and you should get an email to let you know when I've posted something new.

Also, don't forget to share my blog which may help others.


Danielle :)