Pages

Tuesday 17 December 2013

''Holidays Are Coming''

I can't believe I'm half way through treatment already (on Monday just gone). I'm sure that the last three weeks will go just as quickly as the first, as Christmas this year is surprisingly busy for my family and I, even though we're away from home. We've planned a short trip away, visiting family friends, my Granny and Uncle are coming to see us this weekend from England and also, my sister, Rebecca and Dad are coming over from N. Ireland to stay for two weeks over the Christmas holidays. I can't wait to see them both, as it feels like I've not seen them in months, and FaceTime just isn't the same.

Last Monday after I finished radiotherapy that evening, Mum and I went to Jamie's Italian in Bristol. My family and I have been to this restaurant of Jamie Oliver's before, when I was in Bristol over the summer for the biopsy of my tumour. We loved it so much and the food was so tasty that Mum and I just had to go back. Mum had fish, which was served with it's eyeballs and everything (I love fish, just not with eyeballs) and I had a very tasty carbonara (with no eyeballs).

I asked two girls who were also staying at CLIC House, Zena (4) and Chloe (15), if they would like to have a movie night with me. Zena chose the movie which was The Santa Clause 3, one of my favourite Christmas films. Zena was so excited to watch it and was chatting away trying to find out what would happen at the end, although, she never got to see the end as she fell asleep during the film.

Zena and I at the Zoo.

I've been feeling very nauseous, last week and this week especially, due to the side effects of IMRT radiotherapy. It's not nice at all feeling sick all the time, especially when it gets very bad, but thankfully I have anti-sickness medicine which helps a lot and keeps it under control. I'm still feeling very tired too, also a side effect of treatment. 

I had such a fun day on Thursday, after I had my radiotherapy and Zena had her treatment too. My Mum, Zena and I went to Bristol Zoo Gardens. We both had lots of fun, visiting all the animals, some in particular the gorillas more than once, as Zena thought they were very funny. Zena and I had been asked if we would like to pet a penguin, which we did, as a special treat. Zena was very excited and couldn't wait to pet him, and neither could I as I've never petted a penguin before. He was very cute and adorable and I just wanted to take him home with me.  

If you live on the West Side of England, you may have seen on the local news yesterday evening, that my Mum and I were featured (only for a few seconds) on the clip about CLIC Sargent being one of the chosen charities for Text Santa. We were asked only a few minutes before they were recording that morning, if we would take part in the video. I was still in pyjamas and quickly shoved a pair of jeans, top and cardigan on, brushed my hair and only had time to put concealer on, while still half asleep when they were filming.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


Danielle X

No comments:

Post a Comment